GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE PICTURE LIBRARY AT LAC ANNECY TOURIST OFFICE
Access to the picture library is restricted exclusively to those who wish to promote THE REGION SURROUNDING THE LAC D'ANNECY TOURIST OFFICE as a tourist destination.
The General Terms and Conditions of use are specifically subject to the clauses in the Intellectual Property Code.
The purpose of the General Terms and Conditions below is to regulate the use of photographic images acquired by the Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office.
ARTICLE 1: USAGE RIGHTS
These usage rights concern:
- The loaning of images for press articles written by journalists whose sole aim is to promote Lac d'Annecy as a tourist destination (on their website at 72 DPI and/or printed images with a maximum size of A4, not including publication on the title page or back cover).
- The loaning of images to tourism industry partners, travel agencies, associations, coach operators, schools, institutions, tourist offices in the Savoie and the Haute-Savoie, organisations, societies, tour operators, etc. for free materials, which are not for sale, which promote Lac d'Annecy (on their website at 72 DPI and/or printed images with a maximum size of A4, not including publication on the title page or back cover).
- The loaning of images to communication agencies which work directly with the Tourist Office in the areas of communications, promotion and publishing (on their website at 72 DPI and/or printed images with a maximum size of A4, not including publication on the title page or back cover).
All uses for purely commercial reasons are excluded.
- Any use of enlargement more than A4 (kakemono, etc. ....) must be submitted to prior agreement of the photographer. Contact the Tourist Office.
ARTICLE 2: PROVISION
Any use of a loaned image must be justified as soon as it is published and within two months: :
- For publication: a minimum of one free example must be sent to the picture library at Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office – Centre Bonlieu, 1 rue Jean-Jaurès – 74000 Annecy,
- For a website: the http:// link must be sent
ARTICLE 3: ALTERATION
Any alterations of any kind, in any form or by any technical process is forbidden, except with the prior written consent of the Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office.
ARTICLE 4: COMPULSORY PHOTO CREDITS & EXPIRY DATE FOR USE
The moral rights of the creator are inalienable and all published images must be accompanied by the following phrase: © Lac Annecy Tourisme / Name of photographer..
Every image is subject to a date of exhaustion of rights which is displayed when the photo is downloaded. Any use beyond this expiry date is strictly prohibited.
ARTICLE 5: OWNERSHIP
Photographic images made available by Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office are the property of the creator or his/her assignee. The borrower can only obtain the right to reproduction and/or representation.
Photographic images may not be subject to sale and are solely and exclusively for the purposes of loaning.
ARTICLE 6: RELEVANT LAWS, COURT HAVING JURISDICTION AND CONTRACTUAL DOCUMENTS
These General Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in France. Any use that does not comply with the General Terms and Conditions of use of the picture library at Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office will be liable to judicial proceedings at courts which have jurisdiction.
These General Terms and Conditions and restrictions are subject to change. The user must ensure that he/she has read them and is acquainted with them before use.
ARTICLE 7: GUARANTEES
The user's access to the picture library is secured by means of a username and password. The user undertakes at all times to keep his/her username and password secret and to never disclose it to third parties. The user is responsible for all use of his/her username and password and all use/dissemination of images resulting thereof. In the case where the confidentiality of the username and password have been breached, the user undertakes to inform the Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office immediately.
The user guarantees that he/she will use the photographic images held in the picture library in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any prohibited or non-compliant use, the user shall ensure the Tourist Office's non-liability as regards any claims, proceedings, complaints or requests made by any person regarding such a use of the photographic images.
As soon as the user borrows any photographic image, he/she undertakes to defend and compensate the Lac d'Annecy Tourist Office in the event of any claims, proceedings, complaints or requests regarding any prohibited or non-compliant use in accordance with the current agreement.
ARTICLE 8: RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When the user completes the registration form to access the picture library all the information in the user's profile is retained in the administrator file. The user can access his/her profile at any time and, where applicable, make alterations by going to the ‘My account' section.